Disney has published a pamphlet on how to trade pins, and tips on Pin Etiquette.
Some of these tips include:
To trade a pin with a Disney cast member, the pin must be made of metal and have a representation of a Disney character, park, attraction, icon, or other official affiliation.
Additionally, the pin must have a Disney copyright on its back.
- Guests must trade with Cast Members, one pin at a time, with the pin back in place (pins have functional sharp posts)
- Guests can make up to 2 pin trades per cast member per day
- Refrain from touching another person’s pins or lanyard, ask to see the pin so they can bring the pin into closer view
- The pin that is traded to the cast member cannot be a duplicate of any pin they already have on their lanyard.
- No money can change hands on Disney property in exchange for a pin.
Note that this pin etiquette pamphlet is only a partial list of restrictions, and restrictions as indicated in the above section “Current Pin Trading” also exist.
Official Disney Pin Release Locations
There are many official locations where a guest can find Disney pins for purchase in the Disney theme parks.
According to Disney Store staff as of 2008, trading pins are no longer sold in stores outside of those located at the theme parks, and are only available through ordering them at the online Disney Store. Disney Shopping has offered limited edition pins on their website since Disney Auctions was closed.
* Note : Pin trading is not available in Tokyo Disney Resort. Visitors can only purchase pins in the resort and win them from games.
- Disneyland Resort Anaheim (DLR)
- Disney California Adventure
- Downtown Disney Traders
- Walt Disney World (WDW)
- Magic Kingdom
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Animal Kingdom
- Downtown Disney (DTD)
- Disneyland Resort Paris (DLRP)
- Disneyland Park
- Walt Disney Studios Park
- Disney Village
- Hong Kong Disneyland Resort (HKDLR)
- Hong Kong Disneyland
- Tokyo Disney Resort*
- Disney Cruise Lines
- Walt Disney Studios, Burbank
- Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI)
- Disney’s Soda Fountain and Studio Store